Future Leaders Initiative (FLI) Program
|Future Institute offers Concept graduates the Future Leaders Initiative (FLI) program, which allows participants to prepare for their college, adulthood, and career goals by participating in various professional development opportunities and events that build their leadership, life, and career skills.
- Concept High School Graduates
- Completed the FLI High School program during your senior year of high school
- Be enrolled in a college/university and provide a term class schedule as proof
- Continuous completion of the FLI program requirements
Note: As of the 2023-2024 school year, the FLI Program will only support students for the first four years of college.
- Receive a $2,000 scholarship for successful program completion and college/university enrollment per school year.
- Support, resources, and career-advancing opportunities to add to your skills and resume
- Volunteer & leadership experiences
- Networking opportunities
- Access to a professional mentor (for college juniors)
- Internship opportunities (for college seniors)
Mandatory for all students:
- Fall Progress Meeting - Meet with their assigned coordinator in the fall to receive academic and personal support/resources.
Mandatory for freshmen, sophomores, juniors without a mentor, and seniors without an internship
- Spring Progress Meeting - Meet with their assigned coordinator in the spring to receive academic and personal support/resources.
- Alumni Event - Attend an alumni event hosted by their high school to build a strong community and network with other graduates.
- High School Activity - Attend a high school activity that will be an opportunity to give back to their communities and build leadership skills.
Mandatory for some juniors:
- Mentorship - Receive advice and resources to help set/achieve goals from an experienced, successful professional mentor.
Mandatory for some seniors:
- Internship - Establish meaningful connections between successful companies and college seniors to help set/achieve career goals through real-world, structured training experiences.
Optional for all students:
- Workshops - Gain additional valuable skills from the workshops scheduled each semester.