The FLI Program is assembling a panel of professionals in STEM careers and business to answer questions and give advice to college students aspiring to be in STEM careers. There were 63 participants present at the virtual panel discussion. The panelists introduced themselves and answered the following questions from the moderator:
- How did college prepare you for your career?
- What future do you see for the job market in your career?
- When/how did you decide on your career path?
- What do you like best about your job? Or what is the most satisfying part about your job?
- What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve had to face in this position?
- What level of education, training, certifications, or licenses are required for entry into this kind of work
- What skills are essential for success in this career? (Hard and soft skills)
- What is something you wished someone had told you about your career/job before you pursued it?
Panelists also answered several questions from the program participants about their careers and advice.
STEM Careers Panelist