The Future Institute Road to Success Mentorship (FIRM) pairs successful professionals and community leaders with Concept high school graduates who are eager to learn and grow as they navigate college life and select a career path. FIRM mentees gain valuable real-world experience and insight they can’t get in a classroom and might not get at home.
FIRM is an annual mentoring program designed to be flexible and easy to manage that only requires the following throughout the school year:
– One-on-one meetings with paired mentor depending on your schedules
– Character or career development reading assigned by mentor
– Complete a 1-hour minimum service project with mentor
– Minimum of 8 hours of job shadowing provided or facilitated by mentor
– Finish and take the lead role in a small career-related project and present it on an agreed-upon date